Can We Submit Multiple XML Sitemap to Google for a Website?

Should We Submit More than One XML Sitemap to Google for a Website?

When I submitted XML sitemap to the Google Search Console I found two types of sitemaps on the website.


I search multiple articles on search engines, and I found a google article on this topic. I am sharing here because many users face this issue.

According to Google
If you have many sitemaps like html sitemap, xml site map, you can use a sitemap index file as a way to submit them at once. The XML format of a sitemap index file is very similar to the XML format of a sitemap file. The sitemap index file uses the following XML tags: Read More


There are two types of sitemap index in XML format, ex;

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<sitemapindex xmlns="http://www.sitemaps.org/schemas/sitemap/0.9">
  <sitemap>
    <loc>http://www.example.com/sitemap1.xml.gz</loc>
  </sitemap>
  <sitemap>
    <loc>http://www.example.com/sitemap2.xml.gz</loc>
  </sitemap>
</sitemapindex>

Is two different sitemaps indexing possible?

As per google terms, If you have multiple files in same directory then you are eligible to do this. But you have two different sitemaps listed above then you don't need to submit both. You should submit best of them that have complete and proper URL link lists.

We are listed in b2blistings.org's Construction Materials Listings


Follow the Steps for How to Create Sitemap.xml?
  • Confirm that you are a verified user or else verify your website from the search console
  • Create a sitemap file manually or through online tools and upload it by FTP C-panel or other method.
  • Submit to Google using search console

Comment your suggestions
Thanks

No comments: